Wiltshire Cure Premium Pork is a salt-cured pork loin that is crusted with cornmeal. It can be purchased thinly sliced or in whole pieces.
Makes four sandwiches
- 2 lb. BBQ-sliced style Wiltshire Cure Premium
- 4 Kaiser rolls, sliced
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced red onion
Maple Beer BBQ Sauce
- 1 bottle beer
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup grainy mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- To prepare the sauce, in a saucepan bring the beer to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the beer has reduced by half. Add the barbecue sauce, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt. Return to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill sliced Wiltshire Cure Premium Pork for two to three minutes per side, basting liberally with beer BBQ sauce, until cooked through and tender.
- Toast buns lightly. Place six slices of grilled pork on the bottom half of each bun. Top with extra basting sauce, cheddar cheese and onion slices, and finish with top half of bun.
From Sticky Fingers and Tenderloins © 2001 Chef Ted Reader